Let me describe a scenario to you….you are a guitar geek. You embrace your geekiness, you love it. But it never fails, people do not know what to get you.
They are intimidated by your guitar geekiness. They get overwhelmed by all the ‘gear’ and so they get you a sweater.
It’s a nice thought, but we don’t need more sweaters. I have made a GUITAR GEEK HOLIDAY GIFT LIST! You’re going to want to share this with those people who may be wondering what to get you.
Here is your GUITAR GEEK HOLIDAY GIFT LIST:
- Blue Chip Picks – If you flatpick you will love these slick and extremely durable plectra
- Propik Fingerpicks – The most comfy fingerpicks out there
- Hense Picks – A Faux tortoise shell pick that feels like the real deal
- Dunlop Prime Tone Picks – Durable picks that produce a beautifully thick and mellow tone
- Wegen Picks – Flexible picks that allow you to dig in and produce a wonderful dark tone
- Red Bear Picks – Mock Tortoise shell picks that come in a variety of gauges and shapes
- Pickers Grip – If you have trouble hanging on to your flatpick you need this
- Dunlop Zookies Thumbpicks – The most comfy thumbpicks that don’t produce that dreaded scrape sound
- SCGC Parabolic Tension Strings – My go to strings. Wonderful tone, great feel, and superior durability
- Ernie Ball Aluminum Bronze Strings – These are the ones if you are looking for a bright cutting tone
- G7th Heritage Capo – A beautiful and thoughtfully crafted yoke style capo
- Elliott Capo – Stainless steel capos hand crafted in Texas… Nothing comes close to these functional beauties
- NS-Lite Capo – A must have capo to keep on hand
- LR Baggs Venue DI – A super flexible DI that offers a plethora of options
- LR Baggs Align Series Pedals – Effects pedals specifically for acoustic guitar… need I say more?!?!?!
- Boveda Humidifiers – The best set it and forget it humidification option
- Hercules Triple Stand – Stands that are built like tanks and hold a trifecta of instruments
- Ultimate Guitar Stands – Super convenient gig worthy folding stands
- PolyTune Pitch Clip Tuner – An accurate and super tough clip on tuner, with an easy to read display
- Planet Waves Pro Winder – If you have a guitar you need this… bottom line
- Planet Waves Stage Cables – Ruggedly crafted and dependable cables
- Roc n Soc Stools – An ultra comfy seat for your seat
- Rich Robinson Slide – From the packaging to the product this is a top notch slide for any guitar geek
- Gibson Pump Polish – Keep your guitarsenal nice and pretty with this fantastic polish
- String Swing – Want to display your guitars??? These will make it much easier
- Dimarzio Black Angel – A magnetic soundhole pickup that is easy to use and install
- Lute Hole Feedback Buster – An elegant way to extinguish feedback
- Tonerite – Season your guitar and maximize it’s tonal potential
- Native Sons Guitar Straps – Quite possibly the best guitar strap I have ever come across
- Eargasm Earplugs – Protect your hearing and still actually enjoy the music
Guitar Geek Library Additions
- The Art of Chords – Ever wonder how to make a Dsus9 chord? This book has your answer
- Edly’s Musical Theory For Practical People – The most enjoyable music theory book in existence
- Kalamazoo Gals – This book is for you if pre war Gibson guitars make your mouth water
- Images of America – CF Martin – A look inside America’s oldest guitar manufacturer
- Kentucky Traveler: My Life In Music – :Learn about Ricky Skaggs and his bluegrass upbringing
- Martin Guitars History and Reference Manual – All there is to know about Martin guitars and more
- Clapton’s Guitar – Learn about a luthier that Eric Clapton chose to handcraft one of his prized acoustics
- The World Don’t Owe Me Nothing – A compendium of Blues music history as told by Honeyboy Edwards
- Robert Crumb’s Musical Heroes – Gaze at stellar illustrations all the while learning about music history
- My First Guitar – What was Carlos Santana’s first guitar? This book will let you know.
Guitar Geek Fashion
- The Guitarsenal T-Shirt – For the guitar geek that has everything… a shirt proclaiming guitar geekery
Thanks for including my book, Kalamazoo Gals!