Do you want to get into resonator guitars, but are not sure where to start? In this episode of Acoustic Tuesday, I’ll show you the 6 best resonator guitars to start with, why they’re worth the money, and the 3-step system you should use to buy your next resonator.
Every resonator guitar on this list is under $799, very accessible to new resonator players, and well worth the money. But to help you narrow it down, we’ll also talk about the three qualities to look for in any resonator guitar.
I want to make a special shoutout to Mike Dowling, who is an incredible resonator player that I’m featuring in this episode! Be sure to check out his work and support him if you enjoy his music! Special thanks are also due to Normans Rare Guitars!
As always, you can catch Acoustic Tuesday at 10 am every Tuesday in these four places:
- Acoustic Life YouTube channel
- We Play Every Day Facebook Community
- Get show notes emailed directly to your inbox.
- Listen to audio-only below or in iTunes
– Gretsch Honey Dipper Metal Body Biscuit – $649
– Recording King Dirty 30’s Wood Body Buscuit – $349
– Republic HWY61 Wood or Metal Biscuit – $599-$759
https://youtu.be/qOmuP7Y4UKc – HWY61 Woody
https://youtu.be/hpMeD51MOwA – HWY61 Metal
– Gretsch Bobtail Deluxe – $599
– Gretsch Boxcar Wood Spider Squareneck – $429
– Republic Wood or Metal Tricone $599 – $759
https://youtu.be/pQD7Ot5Wivc – Metal Tricone
https://youtu.be/yBRdVm3zUeE – Wood Tricone
https://youtu.be/F1X7egd8Us0 – Listen to Mike play some Blues in ‘G’
https://youtu.be/gJU8lsgy12M – Jitterbug Waltz by Mike Dowling
https://youtu.be/DQ9o2BAL9XY – Hear Mike play “Boogie Woogie” Dance
http://www.mikedowling.com/ – Visit Mike Dowling Online
https://amzn.to/3hKrfuT – Checkout Mike’s albums and instructional materials online