How important are the “looks” of an acoustic guitar? In today’s video, you’ll get a full analysis and three reasons why just focusing on tone is a mistake when choosing a new guitar.
★ What kind of guitar player are you? How should you practice? Take our quiz today: https://tonypolecastro.com/
★ All show notes and links: https://acousticlife.tv/atah4
★ Get the show: https://tonypolecastro.com/get-acoustic-tuesday
Many guitar players, especially experienced ones, start to discount the looks of the guitar. Too often, players are fixated on the tone of a guitar. While it’s important to like how an acoustic guitar sounds, it’s also important to love what you look at.
When you include looks into your evaluation of a guitar, you’re adding a whole other level of consideration. While it might not impact what your playing sounds like, looks actually have a HUGE impact on how you practice. That’s why this episode is dedicated to the looks of a guitar!
In addition to talking about aesthetics, I’ll also give you a tour of my studio, answer a few questions, and tell you about the first time looks changed the way I looked for guitars.
As always, you can catch Acoustic Tuesday at 10 am every Tuesday in these four places:
- Acoustic Life YouTube channel
- TAC Guitar Instagram Page
- Get show notes emailed directly to your inbox.
- Listen to audio-only below or in iTunes
- Hangers: String Swing Guitar Hanger: https://www.stringswing.com/
- Hydrometer: Accuright Hydrometer: https://www.acurite.com/
- Record Shelves: Boltz: https://boltz.com/
- Cases: Calton Cases: https://www.calton-cases.com/
- Humidifier: Venta Airwasher: https://venta-usa.com/
- TurnTable: U-Turn: https://uturnaudio.com/pages/turntables
- Table: Line Phono: https://www.linephono.com/